Here are some safety tips issued at last night's PDAC meeting that are worth repeating. These may seem like common sense items but according to the police, lack of vigilance in following them is the major reason for burglaries in our area.
- Remove temptations from your parked car (cell phone, lap-top, loose change, etc).
- Turn on outside lights both in front of and behind your property.
- Lock the front and rear doors of your home.
- Keep your sidewalks clean of dirt and litter.
- Be aware that window air conditioners can be easily removed to provide access into your home.
In case of an emergency, call 911.