September General Meeting: SOSNA Board Nominations
On September 14, 2016, during the monthly General Membership Meeting, SOSNA will be soliciting nominations from neighbors for candidates for the SOSNA Board of Directors. Details about the elections procedure and serving on the Board are below, or click here. The Elections will take place on Wednesday, October 12th!
SOSNA BOARD QUICK FACTS:
- SOSNA members elect the SOSNA Board of Directors. Anyone who lives, owns property or owns a business is eligible to vote but you must complete a voter registration form prior to the election. If you have voted in any election in the past three years you do not need to re-register (but there's no harm in doing so just in case).
- The SOSNA Board is a volunteer body made up of 15 people from the neighborhood, each serving a 3-year term.
- Each year 5 Board seats (1/3) are up for election.
- Board members can only serve two consecutive terms (each by election), a total of six years, before they must step down.
- You can nominate yourself or a friend (or have a friend nominate you), but to MAKE a nomination YOU MUST ATTEND THE MEETING ON SEPTEMBER 14th. The nominee is not required to be present, but his/her presence is preferred. Nominations WILL NOT be accepted by phone, email, or in person at the SOSNA office prior to the meeting.
- In order for the voters to be better informed, each candidate will be asked to submit responses to a series of questions that will be posted on the SOSNA website in advance of the election. On election night, each candidate will also be asked to give a brief speech.
- Time commitment to be on the Board: 5-10+ hours per month. This includes the monthly Board meeting held the last Wednesday of every month (7-10 PM); Board members are also asked to take an active role in existing SOSNA initiatives.
- The Board seeks members who have actively participated in SOSNA or in the community this year and/or in the past, can meet the time commitment, and are dedicated to positively impacting this neighborhood!
- Questions? Contact the SOSNA Office at 215-732-8446, or email to abbyrambo AT southofsouth DOT org
Lastly, at the September 9th meeting SOSNA will be soliciting volunteers for the Elections Committee, a crucial group of neighbors who administer a fair election for the Board of Directors. We need up to 5 members to plan the election, count votes and announce the results.
Post a Comment