SOSNA will be accepting donations for their Holiday Toy Drive thru December 18. "We've filled one big box with toys for the students of the Arthur and Stanton Elementary schools and on to box number two. Thanks to everyone for their generosity."
More info here.
- Take all your gifts out of your car or lock them in the trunk - thefts from auto remain the most common crime in the neighborhood. Remind family, friends and neighbors who might be visiting you of the same.
- This may sound simple, but remember to lock your car doors! We learned last night that 50% of all stolen cars in PA were left unlocked.
- Try not to carry much currency - if you carry a purse, maybe carry your cell phone and some cash in your pocket and the rest in your purse.
- Don't advertise that you're on vacation - don't allow newspapers or circulars to accumulate on your stoop. Ask a neighbor to keep an eye on this, or put a vacation hold on your papers.
- Similarly, don't leave notes for the postman about holding your mail - if you need your mail held while you're away, you can do so online here.
- Put your stoop light or lights in your house on a timer.
If you, or someone you know, has suffered damages from the Water Main Break that occurred on July 22, 2012, please join us for a neighborhood meeting at the SOSNA office (1901 Christian St.) on Monday, December 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm. There will be discussions regarding the status of the claim against the city and recent developments in this ongoing legal matter. Become informed about this pending matter and protect your rights to a legal remedy.